You know promotional products significantly impact your company’s marketing efforts. Still, you feel a little icky when you need to order hundreds or thousands of a product to give away an event. You know the ROI will make it worth it, but you are concerned about your environmental impact. Does this sound familiar?
Our environmental impact is certainly on our minds, and we love steering clients toward planet-friendly options.
Here are four simple ways to use promotional products while being a bit kinder to the environment:
- Focus on your target audience. If you know your target audience well, you can select a product they will love and use for a long time. Don’t buy promos willy-nilly. We love to help our clients so that their promos are a perfect fit for the project.
- Use products from suppliers with active sustainability programs. Many of our partner brands and suppliers are B Corp or 1% for the Planet members. They have solar panels, recycling/reuse programs, and strategies to reduce carbon emissions. It’s important to us to partner with companies that care about the environment. Socially responsible supplier partners are always at the top of our list.
- Purchase products made from recycled & upcycled materials. It is fascinating to see all of the sustainable products launched each year. We have products made from sustainable natural resources like bamboo and hemp. Some products are made from recycled materials such as plastic water bottles, cotton, and polyester. One of our favorite bag lines is made entirely from remnant fabric from other companies’ production runs.
- Purchase high-quality products with a longer shelf-life. We tirelessly focus on sourcing products our clients and their swag recipients will love and use for a long time. We focus on quality over quantity; “cheap” is rarely the way. Do you want your company associated with “cheap” anyway?
* 66% of people (and 73% of Millennials) say they're willing to pay more for products and services from companies committed to positive social and environmental impact.- Nielsen Global Sustainability Report 2015
We don’t pretend to know everything about sustainability but are committed to learning as technology and new sustainability practices develop. When clients work with us, we focus on quality products perfect for their audience. Our clients can trust that we work with suppliers committed to being socially and environmentally responsible.
If this is starting to feel overwhelming, then that’s completely normal. There are many moving parts to an effective gifting strategy. Contact our team to get your project started by emailing email@example.com.
7 Things to Know Before Buying Swag Guide
Click the button below to get a free PDF teaching you all you need to know to buy swag for your business.